The Big O Program at Hartland Movement Center
A new way to take control of your osteoporosis or low bone density!
Do you have osteoporosis or osteopenia?
Check out the many benefits of our Big O Program!
- Award winning evidence-based exercise program specifically for those with low bone density, osteoporosis or osteopenia
- Delivered by Onero certified Personal Trainers and Movement Specialists
- Alternative to medication
- Improved bone density without medication
- Improved balance reducing risk of falls
- Exercise program is easy/simple to learn
- Specifically designed to strengthen bone and muscle in people at risk of osteoporotic fracture
- Proven results for those suffering with osteoporosis or osteopenia
- Improved bone density with only 2 training sessions per week
- Closely supervised small group sessions
NOT ALL EXERCISE IS CREATED EQUALLY
Low intensity exercise such as walking, bike riding or swimming is not considered to be an effective strategy for building bone.
You don’t need to exercise five days a week. Research has found that just twice a week is enough to stimulate bone, improve muscle and help prevent falls.
Resistance exercise can help strengthen bones. When muscles pull on the bones during weight-lifting or other resistance training, they stimulate the bone to increase its density.
An estimated 10+ million individuals age 50+ suffer from osteoporosis with an additional 43 million experiencing low bone mass putting them at risk for osteoporosis, bone fractures and falls.*
*From the government office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
What is Onero?
Founded in 2015 by Dr. Belinda Beck, Onero™ is an evidence-based, high intensity resistance and impact exercise program designed to strengthen bone and muscle and prevent falls. It is specifically targeted towards individuals with low bone density (osteopenia/osteoporosis) to reduce their risk of minimal trauma fractures.
FOR PROVIDERS: Download the evidence based study results to learn more about why Onero works for Osteoporosis.
This evidence-based program is proven to improve bone health, as well as helping to prevent falls and thereby reducing the risk of osteoporotic fractures.
“When it comes to bones we know exercise can benefit people throughout their life – by growing bigger stronger bones in childhood, improving bones throughout adulthood and preventing falls that can lead to fracture as we age.”
– Professor Belinda Beck – Director, The Bone Clinic
Register for our next session!
Get in touch with our trainers for more information or to sign up for our next session.