Pilates is an innovative and safe exercise system of mind-body movements using a floor mat or a variety of spring-based equipment. Through its principles you can dramatically transform the way a body looks, feels and performs. Using precise movements, breathing techniques and concentration, Pilates delivers a full-body workout while it centers your mind.
It teaches body awareness, good posture and easy, graceful movement. The exercises can be modified for each individual and still be extremely effective. You can go from basic movements to very advanced, depending on how much a client needs to progress.
“When you create a positive movement experience, you are able to take a step forward without pain. The more you move without pain, the more confidence you gain. And the more confidence you gain, the more likely you are to try another movement or exercise. That’s a very healthy recovery cycle.”
Benefits of Pilates:
- Improve strength, flexibility and balance
- Challenge deep abdominal muscles to support the core
- Condition efficient patterns of movement making the body less prone to injury
- Restore postural alignment
- Create a stronger, more flexible spine
- Promote recovery from strain or injury
- Increase joint range of motion
- Heighten neuromuscular coordination
- Enhance mobility, agility and stamina
Meet the Team:
- Linda Gilson – Instructor